Our practice focuses on catastrophic injuries
Have you or a family member suffered a severe injury to the spine, spinal cord, brain, or internal organs that permanently prevents you from performing any gainful work? Such a debilitating injury is a devastating, life-altering event. If your injury was caused by the negligence, carelessness or recklessness of another person or entity, you have a right to significant monetary compensation for your permanent disabilities and complications.
To get the most out of your catastrophic injury claim, you’ll need an experienced attorney. Alan Goodman and A Good Law Firm have over forty years of experience obtaining full justice and compensation for individuals, spouses and families of people who have sustained catastrophic injuries.
Examples of catastrophic injuries
We handle cases that cause permanent devastating damage and change your life forever, such as:
- Amputation and limb loss
- Eye injuries and eyesight and hearing losses
- Multiple fractures with surgery and hardware
- Permanent disfigurement
- Permanent organ damages including ruptured kidneys, spleen, liver or bowels
- Severe burns
- Stage 4 pressure sores
- Third degree burns covering a large part of your body
Spinal Cord Injuries:
- Brachial plexus injuries
- Crash injury
- Epidural abscess
- Erb’s palsy
- Neurological damage
- Permanent mobility issues
- Shoulder dystocia
- Undiagnosed cauda equina
- Undiagnosed cyst
- Drastic personality changes
- Medication errors causing severe permanent injury
- Near-drownings causing permanent comatose and vegetative state in children
- Severe PTSD
- TBI, traumatic brain damage with cognitive deficits from head injuries (subdural hematoma, skull injuries) concussion, neurological disorders
Some extreme causes of catastrophic injuries include:
- Vehicle accidents: Car, passenger/pedestrian, motorcycle, truck, bus, train, plane, helicopter boat, bicycle, ATV
- Medical mistakes, failure to diagnose, birth injuries, carbon monoxide poisoning, lead paint poisoning, failure to diagnose temporal arteritis, failure to diagnose brain aneurysm, failure to diagnose stroke
- Sports injuries
Damages recoverable from a catastrophic injury lawsuit
Severe trauma, permanent pain and suffering, loss of function, loss of motor function, loss of skills, disfigurement, emotional distress, PTSD, loss of income past and future, medical bills past and future, and loss of enjoyment of life a reduction in life expectancy when your lifespan is shortened.
If you are legally married, there is also recoverable spousal loss of consortium for loss of love and companionship. Children under 18 can sometimes recover for the loss of your companionship, as well. You may never be able to work again and desperately need financial security to ensure your future and that of your family.
We work with life care planners in developing cost projections, economists, physical rehabilitation counselors, special needs trust attorneys, and structured settlement brokers to make sure your life going forward is made easier and more comfortable with the ongoing treatment and home assistance you need and deserve due to the catastrophic accident that was someone else’s fault.
We are relentless in uncovering all sources of potential monetary recovery from various insurance policies and coverages, as well as all possible parties and entities. We can help you reclaim your dignity and independence by helping you rebuild your life.
Act immediately before the evidence to make your case disappears
Give us the facts, documentation and particulars and we will evaluate the strengths of your case. We may have to track down essential missing reports, records, witnesses, and hire independent experts.
Don’t lose your right to file and recover compensation.
You don’t pay unless we win! We guarantee you can afford us. You deserve the best legal representation. Zero fees until we win – pay nothing upfront.
Call (413) 736-1616 or fill out this form to schedule a FREE Confidential Consultation
Free Consultation Form
"*" indicates required fields
All information provided will be kept private and secure.
If your life changed forever in the blink of an eye, don’t wait another minute – call now to put A Good Law Firm to work on your case immediately.