40+ Year Experienced Attorney Handling Car Crashes in Springfield, Massachusetts
At A Good Law Firm, we believe in working hard and fighting hard to get the best results possible for our clients after they are injured in an auto collision. Attorney Alan Goodman is a Springfield, MA car accident attorney who can make a stressful & overwhelming process easier by taking care of the legal details and requirements for you. Since 1977, the legal community has recognized Alan Goodman as a leading advocate for the injured, who always puts quality above quantity. When he believes it will benefit you, he can take your case to the highest court to fight for the compensation you deserve.
Get Medical Attention Following Any Motor Vehicle Collision
If you have been involved in a vehicle collision, even one that appears to have only involved property damage, make sure you get medical attention. Whiplash, soft tissue trauma, internal bleeding and other serious injuries can occur even without direct contact or visible damage. Detailed medical records are also very important for proving your damages in court.
Think your collision only involved property damage? Seek medical attention anyway. After a seemingly “simple” whiplash injury, we recovered a $110,000 verdict for a woman who received mild traumatic brain injury and PTSD and TMJ. Her head never touched the windshield or the interior of her vehicle when it was hit by a truck in a minor property damage collision.
Whether the incident occurred on the Massachusetts Turnpike, Interstate 91 or on a rural road in Springfield, MA we have represented individuals injured in traffic collisions involving:
- Drunk or drugged driving
- Speeding or street racing
- Texting while driving
- Unsafe lane changes
- Wrong-way driving
- Rear-end, head-on collisions, etc.
- Driver fatigue
- Driving too fast in hazardous weather
- Careless or reckless driving
- Vehicle rollovers
- Airbags that failed to go off
- Tire blowouts
- Dangerous or poorly maintained highways
Is the Insurance Company Giving You the Runaround?
Were you in a car accident and the insurance company is not so helpful all of the sudden? It’s amazing how helpful an insurance company can be while you’re initiating coverage, but how things become difficult when it’s time to cover medical expenses, car repairs and other items. Sometimes it takes a little motivation to get things working properly. The car accident lawyers at A Good Law Firm in Springfield, MA have over 40 years of experience dealing with insurance claims adjusters and the insurance company’s defense attorneys. We often know what tactics they’ll plan, and the legal strategies they’ll plot before even they do. Scheduling a free consultation with us is one of the best things you can do to ensure that you get everything you and your family is entitled to after a car crash.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident?
After a car accident or serious motor vehicle collision, you must make choices and take actions that can impact your ability to seek compensation. What you do immediately following a car crash is critically important. As mentioned above, you should always seek medical attention after an automobile accident, but here are some tips on what to do if you or a loved one has been in an auto accident:
- Do not admit fault or apologize for the accident. Some people often naturally say “I’m sorry” or “I should’ve…” even if they had no responsibility for an accident. Immediately following an accident it’s best not to make any statements that could be construed to admit fault or liability.
- Take pictures or video of the vehicles involved, visible injuries, traffic conditions, street or highway that you’re located on. Chances are good that you have a smart phone on you most of the time, now is the time to use it to take as many pictures or videos as possible that can be used as evidence. While your memory might fade regarding the details, pictures and/or video doesn’t.
- Get witness information. If there were any witnesses to the car accident get their name, address, phone number and Email address. You may need their statements to help validate your claim.
- Get a police report if possible. For some accidents police often don’t even come to the scene, regardless you should make sure that a police report is filed and that you obtain a copy.
- Don’t talk to any insurance companies yet. Before you make a statement to your insurance company, or the insurance claims agent for the other driver(s) involved you need to speak to an experienced Springfield car accident attorney to make sure you don’t harm your potential recovery.
- Call A Good Law Firm to make sure of your next steps. Call us right now at (413) 736-4861 and get your questions answered quickly. If we can’t help you with your claim we’ll tell you right away, and inform you of the best course of action for your unique circumstance.
Were You Injured in a Automobile Collision? Talk to Our Attorney for Free.
If you or a family member were injured in a motor vehicle accident in or around the Springfield area, contact our office today. We offer free initial consultations and you pay us nothing unless we recover money for you. Alan Goodman is a car accident attorney in Springfield, MA who’s recovered millions of dollars on behalf of his clients. It’s critical that you talk to our attorneys today to accurately gather the facts of the matter, your side of the story and pursue full compensation owed to you and your family under the law.