Vigorous Advocate of the Injured. Trailblazer in the Law.
Firm founder Alan R. Goodman is an experienced Springfield personal injury lawyer who has spent more than three decades of his legal career fighting on behalf of the injured. Since founding A Good Law Firm in 1977, Mr. Goodman has recovered millions of dollars for his clients in a wide range of personal injury claims.
His advocacy has been instrumental in changing the legal landscape and led to many changes to the law that has helped prevent countless injuries and made it easier for victims of negligence to get the money they deserve.
Mr. Goodman’s work has been recognized by influential figures such as Ralph Nader, Colston Warne, judges, politicians, and many advocacy groups. In addition, major networks have solicited him for his vast legal knowledge and experience, featuring him on shows such as CBS’s 60 Minutes and ABC’s Good Morning America and 20/20.
Contributing to the Greater Springfield Community
- Establishing the Consumer Action Center in Springfield during law school
- Helping form MASSPIRG, formally Western Massachusetts’ PIRG
THROUGH HIS PRACTICE
- Successfully litigating Debbie Irwin vs. Town of Ware (1984), a drunk driving case that set precedent under the Governmental Tort Claims Act and is widely cited in courts across the nation
OUTSIDE THE OFFICE
- Acting as a consumer advocate for the city of Northampton
- Working for the Consumers Union publisher of Consumer Reports magazine
A Law Firm That Puts Clients First
Mr. Goodman established A Good Law Firm with one goal in mind: to help injured people just like you get justice and make life easier after a serious injury. We start by reviewing each case at no cost and when we accept a case, we do not charge attorney’s fees unless our law firm recovers money for you through a settlement or a verdict. When you need a strong advocate on your side, we’re here for you.
Free Consultation with a Springfield Injury Attorney
If you are suffering physically and emotionally after an accident, find out more about our legal options. We can come to your home, your hospital, or another location convenient for you. Our lawyers are also available after hours.